The Islamic Association of Raleigh provides complete funeral services, including:
- Picking-up the deceased from place of death (home, hospital, nursing home, Medical Examiner, etc) to our funeral preparation room within the IAR -Atwater Street Campus.
- Washing the body (ghusl) and shrouding (Kafn) by qualified, experienced Muslims (females are handled by females only).
- Providing the Kafan materials (Islamic shroud).
- Providing caskets.
- Transporting the casket for Janazah to the IAR Cemetery
- Offering Salat al-Janazah (Funeral Prayer) by one of our Imams at the IAR.
- Transporting the casket from IAR to the cemetery.
- Leading the burial process with a funeral sermon and dua on the grave by one of our qualified experts.
- Hosting Majlis / Aza’ (condolences reception) for the deceased family.
- Preparing death certificates & other necessary paperwork.
- Offering related counseling as needed such as: inheritance, planned giving, wasiyah (Bequest), etc.
The availability of The IAR funeral services is at all times an essential service.